This week’s ROTHSTEIN 45 is now LIVE!
Check out our rankings below:
1. Auburn: Locked up Bruce Pearl for life.
2. Gonzaga: Destroying WCC opponents.
3. UCLA: Made a statement against Arizona.
4. Duke: A.J. Griffin is 10-15 from three-point range in his last three games.
5. Kentucky: Can win the whole thing.
6. Purdue: Final Four or bust.
7. Baylor: Haven’t been fully healthy in weeks.
8. Arizona: Round 2 with UCLA is on Thursday in Tucson.
9. Wisconsin: Has only lost once this season at full strength.
10. Houston: Kelvin Sampson is a National Coach of the Year candidate.
11. Kansas: David McCormack had just three points and one rebound on Saturday against Kentucky.
12. Texas Tech: Tuesday’s game in Lubbock against Texas will be epic.
13. Ohio State: Sunday’s comeback at Purdue was inspiring.
14. Villanova: A massive week awaits with games against Marquette and UConn.
15. Michigan State: A.J. Hoggard has 20 assists in his last three games.
16. Providence: 7-0 in games decided by five points or less.
17. UConn: Andre Jackson is vastly improved.
18. Iowa State: Will host an angry Kansas team on Tuesday night.
19. Illinois: Brad Underwood is the leader for Big Ten Coach of the Year.
20. Marquette: Justin Lewis is one of the best players in the Big East.
21. USC: Consistency remains an issue.
22. Texas: Chris Beard returns to Lubbock on Tuesday to face Texas Tech.
23. Alabama: Could go to the Final Four or lose in the Round of 64.
24. Tennessee: Zakai Zeigler is a coach’s dream.
25. Xavier: Trailed by 17 at Creighton on Saturday before coming back to win by 10.
26. LSU: Need to get fully healthy.
27. Saint Mary’s: Won five straight.
28. Indiana: In position to be an NCAA Tournament team for the first time since 2016.
29. Miami: 6-1 in true road games.
30. Loyola Chicago: Gave up 77 in Sunday’s loss at Drake.
31. Boise State: Won 14 in a row.
32. Oklahoma: Played Kansas, Baylor, and Auburn in an 11-day span.
33. BYU: Saturday’s loss at Pacific was a head scratcher.
34. San Diego State: Needs to get its mojo back.
35. Colorado State: Visit Wyoming tonight.
36. Oregon: Could be a scary team in a few weeks.
37. Seton Hall: Have played the last few games without Bryce Aiken.
38. Iona: Rick Pitino won his 800th game on Sunday against St. Peter’s.
39. TCU: Offense comes and goes, but the defense does not.
40. Murray State: No Ja Morant? No problem.
41. Iowa: Visits Penn State on Monday.
42. Arkansas: Won six in a row.
43. Creighton: Back-to-back road games at UConn and Seton Hall could make or break a young team.
44. Davidson: Just 3-14 from three-point range in last week’s loss to VCU.
45. Florida: Buy stock in Kowacie Reeves.
- Eric Musselman on Arkansas freshman Nick Smith: “His ability to lead is very un-freshmanlike”
- Brian Dutcher: “Our goal is to go to a Final Four and win a national title”
- 25 under-the-radar transfers for the 2022-23 season
- Episode 362 — Indiana’s Mike Woodson
- 5 teams that could overachieve during the 2022-23 season