This week’s ROTHSTEIN 45 is now LIVE!
Check out our rankings below:
1. Auburn: A few possessions away from being undefeated.
2. Gonzaga: Drew Timme has regained his early season form.
3. Arizona: On track for a number one seed.
4. Baylor: LJ Cryer may be the least appreciated player in the country.
5. UCLA: A massive showdown awaits on Tuesday against Arizona.
6. Kansas: Ochai Agbaji had 29 on 18 shots against Kansas State.
7. Wisconsin: Missed Tyler Wahl in Friday’s loss against Michigan State.
8. Purdue: Sasha Stefanovic is looking like an X-Factor.
9. Duke: Made 14 three-point shots in Saturday’s win against Syracuse.
10. Michigan State: Buy stock in Jaden Akins.
11. Houston: Kelvin Sampson is a National Coach of the Year candidate.
12. Texas Tech: Won five of its last six — in the Big 12.
13. Kentucky: A force when fully healthy.
14. Ohio State: E.J. Liddell has already blocked 14 more shots than he did last season.
15. Villanova: Host DePaul and St. John’s this week.
16. USC: Swept Colorado and Utah on the road.
17. Providence: Off to its best start ever under Ed Cooley.
18. UConn: About to go on a run.
19. Alabama: Jahvon Quinerly is now the sixth man.
20. Iowa State: Have lost four of five.
21. Xavier: Has to hold serve on Wednesday against Providence.
22. LSU: Miss Xavier Pinson’s offense.
23. Illinois: Two of its five losses have come without Kofi Cockburn.
24. Marquette: Justin Lewis averaged 22 points and 10 rebounds last week in wins over Villanova and Xavier.
25. Seton Hall: Ikey Obiagu is invaluable.
26. Tennessee: Held its two opponents last week to an average of 55 points.
27. Texas: Chris Beard is eight days away from returning to Lubbock.
28. San Diego State: Shot just 28.1 percent in Saturday’s home loss to Boise State.
29. Colorado State: Chandler Jacobs could be a factor in February and March.
30. BYU: Won three straight since losing by 26 at Gonzaga.
31. Saint Mary’s: Had 21 assists in Saturday’s win at Loyola Marymount.
32. Creighton: Probably a year ahead of schedule.
33. Florida State: The hottest team in the ACC.
34. Indiana: Shot just 5-19 from three-point range in Sunday’s loss against Michigan.
35. Oregon: Dana Altman is doing Dana Altman things.
36. Loyola Chicago: Still in good shape for an at-large despite Saturday’s loss to Missouri State.
37. Miami: Lost two games to Florida State by a total of two points.
38. Davidson: Owns the longest winning streak in college basketball at 15.
39. Florida: Really good defensively.
40. Wake Forest: Trending upward at 16-4.
41. Iowa: Winning the games that it’s supposed to win.
42. Boise State: 12-1 with Tyson Degenhart in the starting lineup.
43. Iona: Won five straight, but dropping in the NET.
44. San Francisco: Thursday’s game against Saint Mary’s is massive.
45. West Virginia: Just 2-4 in Big 12 play.