This week’s ROTHSTEIN 45 is now LIVE!
Check out our rankings below:
1. Gonzaga: Drew Timme had a performance for the ages against Texas.
2. UCLA: Friday’s comeback win over Villanova took some serious grit.
3. Kansas: Ochai Agbaji is playing the best basketball of his career.
4. Villanova: Still as consistent as any program in the sport.
5. Purdue: In two games, Zach Edey is 14-17 from the field.
6. Duke: Paolo Banchero is appointment television.
7. Michigan: Terrance Williams is primed for a breakout year.
8. Texas: Role allocation is a work in progress.
9. Illinois: Will have one more game before Kofi Cockburn returns from suspension.
10. Oregon: Playing small until N’Faly Dante returns from injury.
11. Baylor: Buy stock in freshman Jeremy Sochan.
12. North Carolina: Hubert Davis’ first road game is Tuesday at Charleston.
13. Auburn: Will be without Allen Flanigan until at least December.
14. Kentucky: Oscar Tshiebwe has grabbed 40 rebounds in his first two games.
15. Houston: Marcus Sasser is the Cougars’ next great guard.
16. Arkansas: JD Notae may lead this team in scoring.
17. Memphis: Have 34 assists and 36 turnovers in two games.
18. Alabama: Beat two good teams — Louisiana Tech and South Dakota State — while averaging 98.5 points.
19. Maryland: Need to get Hakim Hart going offensively.
20. Ohio State: Zed Key is breaking out as a sophomore.
21. Tennessee: Will next play Villanova on Saturday at Mohegan Sun.
22. UConn: Adama Sanogo looks like a first-team All-Big East player.
23. St. Bonaventure: This week’s MTE in Charleston is critical.
24. Florida: Remember the name Anthony Duruji.
25. LSU: Monday’s game against Liberty will be like going to the dentist.
26. Florida State: Got out toughed on Sunday against Florida.
27. Virginia Tech: There aren’t 10 better offensive coaches than Mike Young.
28. Texas Tech: UTEP transfer Bryson Williams is a hidden gem.
29. Michigan State: Will play Butler at Hinkle Fieldhouse this week as part of the Gavitt Games.
30. USC: More balanced than past years.
31. Syracuse: Shooting 50 percent from three-point range as a team.
32. West Virginia: Point guard play remains a major question.
33. Oklahoma State: Friday night’s loss to Oakland was a surprise.
34. Loyola Chicago: One of the oldest teams in college baskeball.
35. Mississippi State: Sneaky good.
36. Virginia: Losing to Navy at home is a generational upset.
37. Indiana: Trayce Jackson-Davis is averaging 20 points, 10.5 rebounds, and five blocks.
38. Rutgers: Only scored 48 points against Lehigh.
39. St. John’s: Can make a statement this week at Indiana.
40. Xavier: Shooting just 25 percent from three-point range as a team.
41. Arizona: Have 50 assists on 62 made field goals.
42. Colorado State: Could be the best team in the Mountain West.
43. Wichita State: Both wins last week did not come easy.
44. Notre Dame: Freshman guard Blake Wesley had 21 points in 24 minutes in the opener.
45. BYU: Alex Barcello is a dark horse candidate to be an All-American.
- Episode 349 — Davidson’s Matt McKillop
- Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown
- Weekend Brunch: Pac-12 basketball hanging in the balance, Michigan State’s non-conference schedule, Derek Kellogg deserved better from LIU Brooklyn
- San Diego State, Saint Mary’s to play in Phoenix on 12/10
- Auburn, Memphis to meet at State Farm Arena in Atlanta on 12/10