Iowa’s Joe Wieskamp is staying in the 2021 NBA Draft, he told College Hoops Today on Friday.
The 6-6 wing averaged 14.8 points and 6.6 rebounds last season while shooting an impressive 49.1 percent from the field and 46.2 percent from three-point range.
While he originally wasn’t projected as a first or second round pick, Wieskamp played exceptionally well in last week’s NBA Draft Combine in Chicago.
Iowa finished 22-9 last season and lost in the Round of 32 to Oregon.
- Eric Musselman on Arkansas freshman Nick Smith: “His ability to lead is very un-freshmanlike”
- Brian Dutcher: “Our goal is to go to a Final Four and win a national title”
- 25 under-the-radar transfers for the 2022-23 season
- Episode 362 — Indiana’s Mike Woodson
- 5 teams that could overachieve during the 2022-23 season